Monday, October 22, 2007

Dog Portrait - "Molly", 16" by 12", Oil on Canvas

Molly, a beautiful rescued Greyhound dog, is the subject of this oil painting. She was adopted by good friends of mine from GreyHeart Greyhound Rescue and Adoption of Michigan. When I saw her, I knew I had to paint her on a canvas. Her markings are so colorful, and beautiful.
GreyHeart is a wonderful organization and they do so much for these retired racers. See more at http://www/

The painting was recently juried into the "3rd Annual Michigan Portrait Show," at the Orion Art Center in Orion, Michigan, by Kathleen Van Ella of Portraits/Chicago Inc. . Also juried in was a commissioned painting of "Curtis", a precious little boy dressed in a sailor suit. I was honored to have these paintings selected to hang among the beautiful artwork done by very talented artists. For more information on The Orion Art Center go their website at:


Patrice Erickson said...

Molly the greyhound is a beautiful dog portrait. Greyhounds have such beautiful and soulful eyes. You captured them well, Nicki.

Patrice Erickson

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and for directing me to yours. I just love the greyhound painting. The expression and the handling of the color and brushstrokes is wonderful. Nice job!


This is GREAT! What a massive tongue!